By Uzma Khan
There’s much more to write in the context of Negativity; it may be in one’s thinking, feelings, facial expressions, overall situations, at our homes, at workplaces, our lifestyles, or even in our brought-up. This write-up will tell you how to tackle negativity in different situations in life.
Just like life has two sides; positive and negative, so every situation is. We can’t value our blessings and boons if there are no forfeits and hindrances. Success comes after failures, and problems give way to opportunities, as every dark cloud has a silver lining. There’s only a need to change your mind’s perspective of looking at the matter.
“If life were predictable, it would cease to be life and be without flavor”. Eleanor Roosevelt
How To Tackle Negativity
There are certain situations, that come up with a lot of negativity and frustration, in our daily life. No doubt, a positive mind always copes with whatever the worst situation may be.
1- Negativity in Childhood
Negativity in childhood becomes far more dangerous and terribly affects the children themselves but also their fellow beings and society. Such children, having suppressed emotions and a lack of communication with parents, grandparents, and friends, never become positive and constructive for society in adulthood. They must then need regular psycho-therapies to overcome their inner false beliefs and fears.
2- Negativity as an Adult
Negativity as an adult comes from our old beliefs and fears that are inserted into our inners by our parents and ancestors. Persons with negative thinking take every situation from their own perspective. They are usually unaware of their negativity and adopt it as their regular practice, so ruins not only their own lives but also others.
3- Negativity at Homes
Negativity at home affects each and every person, living in affected homes. It comes from continuous complaints, lack of understanding, non-cooperative behaviors, taking small issues as a burden, and not showing friendly behavior. This negativity travels outside of the home to wherever the person goes and affects others badly.
4- Negativity at Workplaces
The workplace is such a place where innovation and productivity must prevail. If the employees and coworkers have a lot of negative stuff in their minds that not only affects their speed of work but also the environment. Negativity comes when employees are not honest to themselves and to their work, when they are in the habit of making complaints, this type of behavior drops their energy level to a great extent.
5- Negativity in Relations
When there’s great rigidity prevails in the behaviors and comparisons are very common among people, there arises negativity in relations. Differences in status and lifestyle are natural reasons for departing kith n kins.
The list obviously goes on and on. Anything that matters in life is severely affected by negativity in attitudes.
Strategies to Cope with Negativity
After knowing all that, it is important to know how to tackle negativity in different circumstances There are the steps, you take to deal with negativity:
- First of all, preferably the most important is to remove the negative people from your life; if not possible, then at least avoid them. They are continually at the aim of destructing your inner peace and energy.
- Develop new habits and learn new skills, to keep you on your desired track. It will build a lot of confidence in you.
- Start living in the moment. Forget about what happened in the past. Take the action for what you can do today, for a better life.
- Raise your awareness about the matter. Adopt the sources which help you to know the right perspectives; how and why it happened.
- See the negative situations as a lesson in your life. They will teach you, for instance, not to overtrust anybody, for your important life matters. Not to become thrift spending to control your expenses and so on.